Like everything we hold dear, a little love and care keeps things sparkling
• Jewellery should be the last thing you put on in the morning, and the first thing you take off when you get home.
• Regular maintenance check ups every 12 months can ensure the longevity of your stones and settings.
• Delicate rings require more thoughtful wear than our chunkier designs
• Choose your gemstone jewellery according to your lifestyle (we’re happy to make recommendations)
• Removing your jewellery before showering, swimming, cleaning, and exercise will avoid unnecessary damage
At the Gym : We always recommend that you remove your precious jewellery before hitting the gym or partaking in strenuous activities (including gardening & DIY). While gold and platinum are strong, they are susceptible to scratching, and unexpected knocks can result in damaged claws or chipped gemstones. Store your jewels in a soft pouch to keep it looking its best.
In Water : Never wear your jewellery while showering or swimming. The cold water can cause our fingers to ‘shrink’, allowing rings to slip off the hand into the ocean or down the plughole. In addition, the chemicals found in most swimming pools can cause metal to discolour, or damage softer stones like emeralds.
Cleaning : Diamonds and sapphires are super hard wearing but they can still chip! Cleaning can often be a vigorous task with a lot of potential for knocks and bangs on hard surfaces. The chemicals found in household cleaners can contain harsh chemicals that could discolour the metal and damage softer stones. If in doubt, play it safe and store your jewellery away until you’ve finished.
Beauty Regime : Lotions and potions work wonders on our skin, but they aren’t as kind to our jewellery. Some oils can be particularly abrasive on softer stones, and all cosmetics have a tendency to leave a build up of grime behind settings and stones that will dull their lustre.
Sleeping : While we’re off in the land of nod, our hands have a tendency to swell. Over time, this can result in misshapen bands, as they bend to the natural shape of our fingers. Sleeping with your ring on can put the settings and stones at risk as we toss and turn in our sleep, sometimes catching on blankets and linens. We recommend keeping a jewellery dish by your bedside to remind you to take them off before you hit the lights
How do I clean my jewellery?
Over time, grime can build up behind settings causing your once glittering gemstones to appear dull. For a quick home clean, follow these simple steps:
1. Add a drop of gentle dish soap and warm – hot water to a small bowl
2. Allow your jewellery to soak in this solution for 10-20 minutes
3. Using a soft toothbrush, scrub the ring focusing on the back of the setting
4. Dry your jewellery with a paper towel, then follow up by buffing it with a soft jewellery cloth.
If your jewellery needs a bit more attention, we’d be happy to take it in for a professional clean and service.
You can get in touch with us here to find out more about this.